Eating well is key to feeling your best, both now and in the long term.
We know healthy eating plays an important role in keeping your body healthy and strong, as well as preventing illness.
Go for 2 and 5
Eating 2 serves of fruit and at least 5 serves of vegetables each day is the single most important dietary change we can make to be healthier. But how do we fit them all in?
Spreading fruit and vegies over breakfast, lunch and dinner (plus snacks if you need them) makes it easier to get our 2 fruit and 5 vegies per day.
Not sure what constitutes one serve? You can find out here.
Clever ways to enjoy more fruit and veg
Try the following simple meal and snack ideas. They will not only help you get your 2&5 but can save you time, money and even help shrink your waistline!
- Chop vegies ahead of time and store them in containers in the fridge
- Buy fruit and vegies that are in season – it’s cheaper and they’re generally tastier
- Look for fruit and vegies that are cheaper per kilogram or unit
- Try steaming some frozen vegies in the microwave or adding to a stir-fry when you’re pressed for time
- Canned fruit and vegies are also good options to have on hand (choose canned fruit in natural juice or water, and canned vegetables with no added salt)
- Try steaming, grilling, baking or stir-frying with just a small amount of oil
- Make fruit and vegies more fun for kids, like cutting them into interesting shapes.
Healthy Eating Quiz
The Healthy Eating Quiz is a general guide, designed to help you rate how healthy your eating habits are. It will help to identify areas in which you’re already eating a wide variety of foods and areas where you may be able to improve.
At the end of the quiz, you will receive a score with general feedback on your current eating patterns. It will also give you suggestions for ways to increase the variety of foods in your diet.
If you have any questions about your score, or for tailored advice on healthy eating, please make a booking with our in-house dietitian, Jessica Fuller.
How does your diet stack up? Take the Healthy Eating Quiz now to find out.
Smart Eating Week
When it comes to food and nutrition, do you know how to make the right choices for you?
Find the answer to your questions by participating in Smart Eating Week! It runs from 11-17 February, 2019.
We make getting dietary advice easy
For dietary advice and nutritional wellbeing, make a booking today with our in-house dietitian, Jessica Fuller. You can book online – it’s easy!
Note: This information is of a general nature only and should not be substituted for medical advice. It does not replace consultations with qualified healthcare professionals to meet your individual medical needs.