We’re excited to introduce our new exercise physiologist, Mike Fitzsimon, to our medical practice in Pascoe Vale.
Mike has over 17 years of clinical experience. He specialises in the delivery of evidence-based, person-centred exercise services that enhance your health.
As head of exercise physiology at Clifton Hill Physiotherapy / Clifton Hill Pilates and Rehab, and previously in his role at No Limits Exercise Physiology, Mike has developed excellent clinical skills and created innovative exercise programs for a range of patient groups.
Mike enjoys collaborating with like-minded clinicians to deliver and coordinate care that enhances health. He provides patients with education, guidance and support that enables them to make better exercise decisions and reach their full potential.
As an exercise physiologist, Mike is committed to:
- Delivering high-level performance for the prevention, management and rehabilitation of illness, chronic disease and injury
- Delivering quality, evidence-based exercise
- Developing innovative service models that enable a wide range of people to access exercise physiology services, and
- Developing specialised group services for special populations, particularly those with complex medical conditions.
When Mike is not working he enjoys spending time with his family, coaching junior sport, playing golf, exercising regularly, listening to music and travelling.
What does it cost?
One-on-one consultations are as follows:
- Initial consult (60 minutes) is $85
- Follow-up consult (60 minutes) is $75
- Follow-up consult (30 minutes) is $50
Bulk billed EPC and DVA appointments are also available.
Free consultation if you were previously enrolled
You can enjoy a free initial consultation if you were previously enrolled in exercise physiology classes at PVH Medical.
Exercise physiology classes available
You can benefit from joining a group exercise class. View the current exercise timetable here.
Group classes are $20 each. Alternatively, you can buy a 10-class pass for $200 and get a bonus class (i.e. 11 classes for $200).
Mike looks forward to implementing the following classes at PVH Medical:
- Chronic disease management
- Shoulder and neck conditioning
- Knee strength and conditioning
- Exercise oncology
- Pelvic function and conditioning
- Strong to the bone (osteoporosis management)
- Women’s exercise
- General fitness.
Make a booking today
Patients can book directly with Reception for an initial consultation. An initial consultation is required before enrolling in an exercise group.
Mike is accessible through EPC referrals as well as DVA and private patient bookings.
Feel free to have a chat with Mike in our clinic or email firstname.lastname@example.org.