Give this nutritious summer recipe a go!
It serves six people.
- 8 eggs
- 8 medium Carisma potatoes, or red skinned potatoes, washed
- 200g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ common cabbage, thinly shredded (i.e. with mandolin)
- 1 small red onion, diced very small
- 1 bunch of red radishes, washed and sliced very thinly (i.e. with mandolin)
- 1 cup of finely diced pickles
- ½ punnet of dill, leaves picked
- ½ punnet of chives, chopped thinly.
- ¾ cup natural yoghurt or runny cottage cheese (low fat or full fat)
- 1tbs mayonnaise (low fat or full fat)
- 2tbs lemon juice
- 1tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1tbs Dijon mustard.
- Prepare the potatoes: Dice with the peel on, then steam for 6 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, boil the eggs for 8 minutes, cool, then peel. Set aside.
- While eggs and potatoes are cooking/cooling, prepare the remaining salad ingredients using a mandolin or chopping aid for assistance (optional). Transfer all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing – in a blender, combine all ingredients and add water, as desired, to reach a pouring consistency.
- Once potatoes and eggs have cooled, add to the salad bowl, toss gently to combine. Store until ready to eat. Top with 2tbs dressing and serve.
And there you have it! Enjoy.
Have you seen our tasty tuna nicoise recipe?
Need help with your diet?
Our in-house dietitian Jessica Fuller would be pleased to assist you. Book online or call 9304 0500 today.
Note: This information is of a general nature only and should not be substituted for medical advice. It does not replace consultations with qualified healthcare professionals to meet your individual medical needs.