Psychologists work closely with doctors to help ensure their patients are provided with the most effective evidence-based treatments for their emotional and psychological concerns.
Some specific issues that psychologists are trained to deal with include:
- Fears, phobias, and anxiety problems
- Eating and weight control problems
- Improving relationships between people
- Stress and chronic pain
- Depression and grief
- Sexual problems
- Sleeping problems
- Compulsive and addictive behaviour
- Children’s learning and behavioural difficulties
- Developmental disorders e.g. autism
- Improving performance in sport
- Personal growth.
No referral required for private consultations.
You may be entitled to Medicare-subsidised counselling under the GP Mental Health Care Plan Scheme. Please ask your doctor for details and a referral.
Look up the psychologists at PVH Medical here.