Accredited exercise physiologists (EPs) are allied health professionals who hold a four-year university degree. They specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries.
An EP can assist with:
- Overcoming persisting pain caused by injury or overuse
- Weight management
- Improving your heart health
- Improving balance
- Rehabilitation following a cardiac event
- Controlling your diabetes
- Preventing pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- Improving your recovery following cancer treatment
- Improving your general health, fitness and well-being.
Is a referral required? Are there any rebates?
A referral is not required for private consultations. However, a referral is required for WorkCover and DVA consultations.
If you’re eligible for Medicare rebates (those with chronic disease, and separately those with diabetes) you can get your doctor to write up referrals. This can unlock some Medicare funding pathways to access exercise physiology.
Private health cover rebatable fitness programs are also available.
Group exercise timetable
Join a small group where you can feel supported and encouraged by others exercising together. Groups are led by our resident EP, Mike Fitzsimon, as well as physios Naveena Seethapathy and Dominic Tan.
|Mon||Group exercise with Naveena||Group exercise with Naveena||Group exercise with Mike||
|Tue||Group exercise with Mike||Group exercise with Dom
|Wed||Group exercise with Mike||Strong to the Bone with Mike||Group exercise with Mike||Group exercise with Mike
|Thu||Group exercise with Dom||Strong to the Bone with Mike||Group exercise with Mike||
|Fri||Group exercise with Mike||
|Sat||Group exercise with Dom||
Exercise physiologist Mike Fitzsimon
For everyone’s safety, we currently have the following protocols in place for COVID-19:
- Equipment cleaned after every use
- Group exercise class size capped at three exercisers and one clinician
- Temperature checks for all
- Laminar Air Flow ensures clean air moves through the room at all times
- Closed waiting room (wait in car instead).
Mike can help you at a time that’s convenient for you, including after hours.
Make a booking today
If you live in Pascoe Vale, Strathmore, Glenroy, Coburg or the surrounding area, we’d love to help you on your way to feeling great.
To see Mike one-on-one, or for group exercise classes, simply call 9304 0500.
Why not get started today?