Accredited exercise physiologists (EPs) are allied health professionals who hold a four-year university degree. They specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries.
An EP can assist with:
- Overcoming persisting pain caused by injury or overuse
- Weight management
- Improving your heart health
- Improving balance
- Rehabilitation following a cardiac event
- Controlling your diabetes
- Preventing pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- Improving your recovery following cancer treatment
- Improving your general health, fitness and well-being.
Is a referral required? Are there any rebates?
A referral is not required for private consultations. However, a referral is required for WorkCover and DVA consultations.
If you’re eligible for Medicare rebates (those with chronic disease, and separately those with diabetes) you can get your doctor to write up referrals. This can unlock some Medicare funding pathways to access exercise physiology.
Private health cover rebatable fitness programs are also available.
Group exercise timetable
Join a small group where you can feel supported and encouraged by others exercising together. Groups are led by our friendly EP, Mike Fitzsimon.
Exercise physiologist Mike Fitzsimon
Our EP clinical hours are as follows:
- Monday – 4.30pm-8pm / 3pm-8pm
- Tuesday – 8am-5pm / 1pm-8pm
- Wednesday – 8am-8pm
- Thursday – 3pm-8pm / 8am-5pm
- Friday – 8am-5pm.
Make a booking today
If you live in Pascoe Vale, Strathmore, Glenroy, Coburg or the surrounding area, we’d love to help you on your way to feeling great.
To see Mike one-on-one, simply book online or call 9304 0500. For group exercise classes, please call us.
Why not get started today?