Women have very specific health considerations at different stages of their life cycle, from their teenage years to mature adults and beyond. Regular health checks with your GP can assist in ensuring you are in good health as well as identifying any health risk factors early.
At PVH Medical, we offer specialist women’s health services and the option to choose a doctor from our team of female GPs.
Health checks may include:-
- Women’s health check – Early intervention can only be possible with regular screenings. PVH Medical offers screenings specifically designed for women covering female specific issues
- Pap smear – The Pap Smear (also called Pap test) is a simple test that detects abnormal or cancerous cervical cells. Because the Pap test can detect cervical changes before they progress to cancer, it is very effective in reducing the number of cervical cancers diagnosed and deaths from the disease. It is recommended women have a Pap Smear every 2 years.
- Breast examinations – Preliminary breast checks can be performed by your GP followed by a referral for a full mammogram if deemed necessary. Our GPs can also assist with self-examination techniques so you can perform regular self-checks at home.
- Family planning – We provide expert and confidential quality health services and support to ensure individuals are well informed and able to manage their sexual and reproductive health. From contraception to fertility & pregnancy advice our GPs can assist with all your family planning needs.
- Pre-conception health check – Thinking of starting a family? This health screening is designed to ascertain a woman’s readiness to conceive and identify any potential health risk issues.
- Pregnancy test – We provide a highly accurate urine pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy. Follow up blood tests can be performed if deemed necessary by the GP.
- Ante-natal shared care– Antenatal shared care is a popular choice for healthy women with a normal pregnancy. It will allow most of your pregnancy care to be managed by one of our accredited antenatal care GPs.
- Postnatal care – We offer postnatal care services including close monitoring of mother’s and baby’s health six weeks after delivery.
- Menopause and midlife concerns – Our GPs can assist with all menopause & midlife concerns including the referral to onsite specialists adopting a team care approach.
- Sexual health – We help women understand their sexual and reproductive health better with a focus on birth control, family planning, conception, pregnancy, and fertility issues.
- Diet and weight management – Our GPs work closely with you and our allied health professionals in creating a weight management program that is specific to your needs. This includes dietary, exercise and clinical advice.
- Immunisations – Adult women are recommended to receive vaccinations for influenza, meningococcal, pneumococcal, hepatitis A, and hepatitis B, among others. Women planning to get pregnant are advised to be vaccinated against mumps, measles and rubella.
- Mental health – Your mental health is an important part of your overall health and wellbeing. You need good mental health to help you get through life’s challenges, to have healthy relationships with others and to enjoy life. Problems with mental health are common, and not a sign of weakness. In fact, it can take courage to admit there’s a problem, and to find some help. At PVH Medical, our GPs and onsite Psychologists can assist with any of your concerns.