Psychologists work closely with doctors to help ensure their patients are provided with the most effective evidence based treatments for their emotional and psychological concerns.
Some specific issues that psychologists are trained to deal with include:
- Fears, phobias, and anxiety problems
- Eating and weight control problems
- Improving relationships between people
- Stress and chronic pain
- Depression and grief
- Sexual problems
- Sleeping problems
- Compulsive and addictive behaviour
- Children’s learning and behavioural difficulties
- Developmental disorders e.g., autism
- Improving performance in sport
- Personal growth
No Referral required for private consultations
You may be entitled to Medicare-subsidised counselling under the GP Mental Health Care Plan Scheme. Please ask your doctor for details and a referral.